While COVID-19 has undoubtedly created a challenging and uncertain time for our community, Furnishing Dignity remains committed to our services.
Respecting the well-being of everyone associated with Furnishing Dignity and our operations we will temporarily suspend our donation pick up service until April 1st.
Furnishing Dignity furnishes apartments and therefore accepts donations of NEW and GENTLY-USED household furnishings that are not large/over-sized.
Items we accept (apartment size furniture):
- Bathroom – Shower curtains/liners/rings/rods, bath mat, bath towels and wash clothes, garbage can
- Bedroom – Bed frames (except king size), bed linens/coverings/blankets, pillows (new only), dressers, night stands, table lamps, hangars.
- Kitchen – table/chairs, small appliances, counter top microwaves, microwave stands, pots-n-pans, dishware and glassware (including plastic for kids), cooking utensils, silverware, baking dishes/pans, kitchen towels/pot holders, food storage containers, colanders, garbage can, etc. (Small appliances and kitchen items must be complete with all parts, in working order and free of chips/cracks)
- Other – new brooms/mops/dust pans/buckets, vacuum cleaner.
- Family Room – sofa, sofa sleeper, small sectionals, loveseat, futons, recliners, side chairs, coffee/end/side/occasional tables, small desks, floor/table lamps, TV stands, rugs (no larger than 8×10)
Items we do not accept:
- Furnishings that are broken, ripped, stained, torn or covered in pet hair or food, medicine, hazardous waste or toxic materials.
- Large/over-sized items include, but not limited to, large appliances, large entertainment centers, TV’s, king sized and water beds, curio cabinets, display cases, large desks, and large sectionals.
While we are always happy to pick up furniture donations that we can use from your driveway or garage for free, often donors prefer to have items removed from inside their home. If we enter your home, you must sign a Waiver of Liability and there will be a $50 fee to cover the extra time and effort required for our crew members..
Case by case we will consider a few over-sized items and/or used mattresses/foundations that we do not normally accept. However, there are fees involved to have these items removed for you. To receive more information please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have more than a few over-sized items or are looking to donate the contents of a home/apartment, we can still help you. Click here for more information.
Please complete the form below and a representative will contact you within 48 hours (excluding Sunday & Monday).
Thank YOU for helping families, foster youth and individuals to rebuild their lives!