WE LOVE VOLUNTEERS!
Furnishing Dignity is taking steps to ensure the safety of our employees, volunteers, clients, donors, etc. This is our number one priority while maintaining operations during COVID-19 to continue to provide services. We understand this is a constantly developing situation and we are monitoring to make changes as necessary. We will continue to follow all state and federal government recommendations. The following is what we are asking from our volunteers
- There may not be more than 10 people total, including Furnishing Dignity staff, and maintain a safe distance of 6 feet.
- All volunteers are required to bring their own face mask to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- We have disposable gloves for volunteers
- Should volunteers touch their face, or cough/sneeze into their hands, they should re-sanitize and change gloves.
- Volunteers should not come in if they feel sick including but not limited to cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, with or without a fever. Please let a Furnishing Dignity representative know if you need to cancel your volunteer opportunity.
- We will take all volunteers temperatures before they begin the volunteer process. If their temperature is above 99.0 degrees, they will be asked to leave.
- We are asking volunteers to drive themselves to our clients’ homes should they be volunteering on a move day.
We offer five different volunteer opportunities, most starting at 7:30 AM at our storage units located at Armored Self Storage, 14245 S. 48th Street, Phoenix, 85048.* Ending time is tentative based on the activity and travel time but we try to be finished by 11:30 AM.
Let’s Pack Together – Prior to delivery, we need assistance to select, clean, tag and pack household items and furniture for delivery. Items are chosen based on the clients’ wish list including preferences for colors and styles.
Moving Day – Meet us in the morning to help load the moving truck. Then carpool or follow us to the delivery locations to help unload, unpack and set up the home. We will set up all furniture, make beds and unpack all boxes. Some move days we will have professional moving services.
Pack and Move – Get a group together and organize a Pack and Move day. We will then pack and deliver items for a single family. This is a very rewarding experience in which you get to see your packing efforts come to fruition in the end result of creating a home.
Donation Processing and Inventory Day – Come help us sort through donated items and add to inventory.
Corporate Volunteers – Employees want their companies to stand for something. Furnishing Dignity offers Corporate volunteering which allows companies to put their purpose into action while improving employee engagement and retention. Corporate groups who would like to book any of the above volunteer opportunities should contact Tamara Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org. Working together to furnish a home is a great team-building experience and a wonderful way to give back and engage in the community.
A Volunteer Waiver and Confidentiality Agreement MUST be signed prior to volunteer day. Able-bodied volunteers may be asked to lift heavy furniture. There are less strenuous volunteer positions available as well.
*If the time or location for volunteering is altered it will be noted on the schedule.
If you are experiencing difficulties signing up to volunteer, please email Tamara at email@example.com